Knitting Queen's Pattern Page!

patterns and stuff and things seen on the Knitting Queen

Monday, March 21, 2005

All About ME!

Secret Pal 8 Questions



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

My favorite would be Kid Silk Haze. I like wool. I don't like novelty stuff or acrylics that feel like plastic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Wine gift boxes.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for 7.5 years now. (I learned January 1999). I consider myself advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yep.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like really clean scents, or florals. Or spicy scents. My favorite perfumes are White by GAP and Chanel No. 5. My favorite discontinued bath products are Ginger Lily anything by Body Shop and the World Piece bath ballistic by Lush.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I like all candy. Candy Candy Candy. But I have a weakness for Chocolate Covered Cherries.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Crochet. Beading. Anything that involves my hot glue gun. I don't spin. I tried and I really really suck.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like world music, modern folk, New Wave... I'm open to a lot. I can handle MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Dark blue and light pink. I wear and use a lot of earth tones. I'm not a big fan of yellow, as it makes me look jaundiced.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

1 husband. 2 gerbils.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all but the ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A commissioned Christmas stocking.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

It depends on the yarn and the project. Generally, I like hardwood needles-- Brittany, Lantern Moon, Peace Fleece...

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Sadly, no.

17. How did you learn to knit?

I took a class in college. It's a long, cool story, but I've told it a lot on here.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oldest UFO that I acutally plan on finishing is verging on 4 years

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Hobbies. Books. Music. Bruises (I'm very very clumsy)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'm in love with the RYC collection and want more of their books. I also need more Zimmerman. I subscribe to:

Rowan
Rebecca
Interweave
Vogue
Knit.1
Knit Simple

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. The ball of my foot is 9.25" and from heel to second toe (my longest toe) is 10". I wear an 8.5/9 shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

07/27!



SP7 Questions



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

I'm a fiber snob, not a brand snob. I like high quality, natural fibers, but just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good... you know what I mean?

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Um... I'm trying to spin. I do crochet.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have wine gift boxes that display them attractively on my knitting table.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned how to knit 7 years ago this month. I consider myself to be an advanced knitter.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Mmm-hmmm. I've had issues linking to it in the past, so try this. If it doesn't work, let me know, ok?

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like spicy. Chanel No. 5. My favorite lotion and bubble bath that Body Shop so heartlessly only did for a limited time was "Ginger Lily". Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Mmmm... chocolate covered cherries make me melt.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I sew. I embroider. I dither and dather. I like making stuff, but little projects, not necessarily something that can be named.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I'm all over MP3s. I'm all over music. I was raised on folk and classic rock. Listen to a lot of new folk (The Nields, Dar Williams, Eddie from Ohio etc) and classic/outlaw country (which is what happens when you marry a Texan). I've also been getting into world music. (Paris Combo, Bebel Gilberto, Suba, Anything Putumayo puts out)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Navy blue and pale pink. I look great in brown and love earthtones in general. Yellow makes me look ill.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

1 husband. 2 gerbils.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above. Except ponchos, because they look kinda weird on me.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I am a Rowan whore. I like wool. Kid Silk Haze makes me drool.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Cheap acrylic that feels like plastic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Sweaters.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Sweaters.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Birch shawl is getting all my attention at the moment.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on the project. I use both on a regular basis.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Hardwood, then bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Sadly, no.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I took a non-credit, taught-by-peers class in college.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

How long have I been knitting?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Leela from Futurama

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Hobbies, books

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Rowan, Rebecca

I have Knitters but I'm not renewing.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

More of the RYC pattern collection (except Weekend. My last SP gave me that and it just whetted my appetite!) And anything by Elizabeth Zimmerman (except The Opinoinated Knitter as I have that already)

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Entrelac

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I'm too lazy to measure them again, but my last SP questionnare is in the "About me" link and the answers there.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

07/27

Secret Pal 6 Questions!



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I like natural fibers, but am not a brand snob. So I'm more down with cheap 100% wool than expensive acrylic. There are, of course, exceptions to everything that play by no rules.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

My spinning makes people cry. I crochet a little.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

As long as you don't send me medication, I should be good to go on the allergy front.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Almost 8 years now. Crikey.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Of course. See if this link works!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like really spicy scents or very crisp, clean scents. My favorite lotion is Blue Q's Queen (and I just ran out and am not sure of where to buy more here in DC. Do you know? TELL ME!)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I sew. I got a serger for my birthday. I like things that involve glue guns. I'm getting into embroidery and cross stitch.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Modern folk. Alt country. Indie. World stuff. I'm pretty open.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite are navy blue and pale pink. I wear a lot of brown. I like earthtones. Yellow makes me look ill.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

1 husband. 2 gerbils.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

The ones I'm working towards: To be a reference librarian and/or archivist of a kick ass Asian language collection
The pipe one: Knitting designer
The dream one: Getting paid to make out with Colin Firth
The Miss America one: To be happy and fulfilled. World peace. No hunger.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I am a Rowan whore. Especially when it comes to Kid Silk Haze. YUM.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Really super cheap acrylic that feels like you're knitting with plastic. Not a big fan of the novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I'm not really obsessed with anything right now. I guess sweaters of my own design in smaller guages. Vintage-looking stuff.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Depends on my mood. I like sweaters.

17. What are you knitting right now?

The Chocolate Decadence Sweater for me (luxury to the max!) and a pair of socks for Dan. Except the first one ended up being WAY TOO BIG now that I've finished turning the heel, so I think I need to rip it and try again. I need more reinforcing stuff, though.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Meh.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on the project. I use both regularly.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Hardwoods, then bamboo, but it also depends on the yarn I'm using...

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Well, I knit socks...

22. How did you learn to knit?

Through a non-credit class offered at my college. I made a hat.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

That I tell myself I'll actually finish at some point? It's from England, and that was 3.5 years ago now?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I like Leela from Futurama and The Family Guy

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Books. Yarn. Hobbies.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Rowan, Rebecca, Interweave Knits, Vogue, Knitters, Cast On, Creative Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Anything by Zimmerman (except Opinionated Knitter, I have that one), any of the RYC stuff Rowan just put out

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

The RYC stuff.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

I'm not that picky when it comes to socks. The ball of my foot is 9.25" and from heel to second toe (my longest toe) is 10". I wear an 8.5/9 shoe.

Secret Pal 5 Questionaire



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am a huge fiber snob. I like natural fibers. I'm not necessarily a brand snob, but I like high quality, natural fibers. When I have kids and start knitting for them though, that will drastically change.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do a bit o' the crochet. You can see that my spinning needs some help. I haven't given up, though.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I'm allergic to some medications, so as long as I don't eat an medicated wool, I should be good to go.

4. How long have you been knitting?

7 years last January!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Here I know my list is crazy long.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I don't necessarily have a favorite, but I like subtle and not too sweet. So, crisp or spicy. The 2 perfumes I wear are "White" by GAP and Chanel No. 5

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Random stuff-- I like general crafty-ness that doesn't necessarily have a name, like the bubble magnets I made for mother's day last year... I sew. I have my eye set on embroidery as the next big adventure.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like most kinds of music. My recent obsession is World Music-- especially Putumayo and Six Degrees samplers. My old standbys are modern folk (Dar Williams, The Nields, Eddie from Ohio, Moxy Fruvous, etc). But I like some good rockin' and alt and outlaw country. My favorite mix CDs that people have made me are heavy on the indie, because I like indie, but don't know anything about it. I'm always looking for new music, so if you want to make me a CD, I won't complain and just make a CD that *you'd* like. I can handle MP3s

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorites are navy blue and light pink. I really like earthtones. Yellow has a way of making me look ill.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a husband and 2 gerbils.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To see more of the world. To find fulfilling work and make lots of money doing it so I can retire early and knit and read more.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with

I am a Rowan whore. My favorite yarn of all time is Kid Silk Haze

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Not a big fan of novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Shawls. Lace.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Things that don't suck. I don't really have a favorite thing to knit. I like classic, well-designed patterns.

17. What are you knitting right now?

The store sample that will not die. Some socks. 2 shawls. A languishing Colinette vest kit. I have a few forgotten sweaters and random other things...

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I don't like them. I think they're overrated. I think they need to go away. I'm seceretly knitting one.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

It so depends on the project, on my mood, on the weather, on what's closest to me.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
None of the above. I actually really, really like hardwood needles. Birch, rosewood, ebony, palm

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I knit socks, but I don't know if I'd call myself a "sock knitter".

22. How did you learn to knit?

I took a class. My college had this thing called ExCo (expiremental college) where anyone could teach a class on anything. Not for credit, an hour a week usually. My first year I took knitting through ExCo. I made a hat. I still have it, but I don't wear it. I wear a really similair one made from the same pattern that matches my current coat.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

I've been knitting for seven years, so my oldest UFO would have to be 8 years old. Ha ha ha. My oldest UFO that I fully intend on finishing at some point is probably 4 years old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Leela from Futurama

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed closely by Thanksgiving

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Books. Yarn. Hobbies.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

The 3 I love:
Rowan, Rebecca, Interweave Knits

The 1 I like:
Vogue Knitting

The one that I used to like, but am liking less and less:
Knitter's

The 2 I don't like:
Creative Knitting, Cast On

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Principles of Knitting HA HA HA.

I haven't yet seen Rowan's RYC collection yet, so the 3 books that have come out in support of that haunt my dreams. Also, I don't actually own anything by Elizabeth Zimmerman (I take that back. I just bought The Opinionated Knitter, but I really really really want Knitting Around.

Book Meme:



You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be and why?

Ok, um, I've never read Fahrenheit 451. I know. It's embarassing. But, I read a plot sypnopsis online and juding off of Lynne's answer, I need to be memorized so I can survive, right? I'm going to go with Beowulf. In Olde English. Great story, easy to memorize and not only would the literature be preserved, but the history of the language would be as well.

The last book you bought is:

Well, one trip to the book store, 3 books purchased.

Red Sorghum by Mo Yan (as a gift)
Anna May Wong: From Laundryman's Daughter to Hollywood Legend by Graham Russell Gao Hodges
Republic of Wine by Mo Yan

The Last Book you Read:

Changing Places by David Lodge. Hilarious.

Currently Reading:

Republic of Wine by Mo Yan
Gendering the Spirit: Women, Religion, and the Post-Colonial Response edited by Durre S. Ahmed

Five Books You Would Take With you to a Deserted Island:

Some sort of survival guide
Complete Works of Jane Austen
The Colombia Anthology of Traditional Chinese Literature
The Columbia Anthology of Modern Chinese Literature
For the 5th one I'm torn between a Norton Anthology of American Lit or the Bible. I think I'm going to go with the Bible.

Illana's interview:

What is your favorite fiber to knit with? Do you prefer warm and wooly or smooth and silky?

Pure wool is my favorite as far as fiber goes, even though Kidsilk Haze is my favorite yarn. And I'm going to go for a warm wooly yarn (such as Peace Fleece or Yorkshire Tweed) over smooth and silky. Not that I don't love merinos and cashmeres...

This question is just for my ego: Hmmm... I see that my blog is in your sidebar... What criteria does a blog have to have to get into your sidebar? Is it content, pictures, tips, or cool templates? Do you ever take blogs out of your sidebar?

There is really very little criteria to get in my side bar. My blog went on hiatus for essentially 2 years. When I started it (spring 2002) the knitting blogging community was still relatively small. When I came back, everyone and their mother had a blog, so I just would follow links and rings and everything. When something caught my eye, I'd bookmark it, but I was at work and blah blah... more than anything, my sidebar is a list of the blogs I read consistently. It's more for me than anything. I have not removed a blog yet, but am thinking about it. I have some that I want to add, some people haven't updated in ages, etc. For your own ego, I believe the following things caught my eye: 1. The argyle background 2. The countdown to Hannukah 3. You were working on the hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and I was knitting a bazillion baby bonnets from the same book.

Wow you've been to Hong Kong? What was that like??

I was in Hong Kong for exactly 46 hours. It was crazyness. I had been living in Nanjing for several months and had a penpal from junior high in Hong Kong, so I sceduled a long layover on my way home to finally meet her and chill. (48 hours is the cutoff for what is considered a layover and what is just 2 seperate trips)The weird part about Hong Kong was that is was West and East all mashed together. I didn't have a lot of culture shock issues in Nanjing because it was so completely different than anything I had known before. Hong Kong placed the 2 things I had known (Mainland China and the America) and put them on the same street corner. And there were all these white people. And a lot of the Chinese people weren't from the Han ethnic majority, and I was really sleep deprived and was hanging out with this girl that I had known for years, but had just met and... it was a trip.

The other weird part about Hong Kong is that it's a really mountainous island and the whole city is built up on this little bit between mountain and ocean. I should scan some pictures in and show y'all. The airport though, is gorgeous. It's built out into the bay and a lot of it's window, so you see this plane, then ocean, then mountain and the shopping's really good. ;)

China, in general, was awesome.

What is your favorite online yarn store, and what is your least favorite online yarn store?

Favorite online store is The Knitting Garden. It's pretty much where I go when I need something. I don't have a least favorite. I live in an area blessed with yarn stores and because I work at one, I can get a lot of things ordered, so I don't buy yarn online that often.

What is your favorite recipe? Do you like to cook?

I love to cook. My new favorite is visseychoise from Joy of Cooking. My second favorite is my own version of one from Desperation Dinners. The essentials are: in a pot with some olive oil, place 1/2 chopped onion and a lot of chopped chicken and 2 cloves pressed garlic and lightly fry until chicken edges are no longer pink. Dump in 2 cans of chicken broth and a package of cheese tortellini. Bring to a boil. Add some diced tomatoes. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup pesto sauce and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Pepper and salt.

I make a lot of pizza. My favorites are pesto with chicken and artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers on a whole wheat parmesean garlic crust and pad thai.

I also make a lot of various salads, usually pasta based and coat them in Miracle Whip as a true testament to my northeastern Wisconsin upbringing. Ghetto Mac (blue box macaroni and cheese with hamburger) is my ultimate comfort food.

I'm also looking for a good tomato sauce recipie FROM SCRATCH. As in, start with 1lb of tomatoes...

Lynne's questions:

What is your dream job?

See, I totally answered that in the "about me" file I added yesterday. I said it involved teaching knitting and designing knitting and translating Chinese. But I changed my mind. My new dream job involves getting paid to make-out and do sweaty love scenes with Colin Firth.

How is it coming with the Incredible Sweater Machine?

No better. No worse. I still can't figure out how to make it not randomly drop my knitting after about an inch. (And by drop, I mean literally, onto my foot.)

How about that yarn diet?

So, I fell of the wagon there for a bit. Just like I've fallen off the real diet with all the Easter candy around. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Cadbury Creme Eggs.....

Do you ever sing while knitting? Do you ever knit while singing?

All the time. Not so much the classical/choral stuff, but often Dan will play guitar and I sing along. Folk and country and bad Bloodhound Gang covers.

If I supplied you with a ball of cheap cotton, would you be willing to knit a couple of dishcloths for Project Scrubbie?

Sure. But you can't make fun of my failure of a yarn diet anymore!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!


100 Things:

1. I dropped out of library school. I may or may not go back.
2. I was born at the end of July in 1980.
3. I'm married.
4. I consider myself fairly liberal.
5. I was one of the more conservative people at my college.
6. My degree is in history, with an interdisciplinary concentration in Chinese Studies.
7. I couldn't double major in Chinese because I spent a semester living and studying in China.
8. I live in Ann Arbor, MI
9. I don't like living in Ann Arbor, MI
10. I currently do library work for a mathematics academic journal
11. I like my job
12. I hate math
13. I am planning on starting a family in the next 5 years
14. I'm not so sure that's actually going to happen
15. I also work at a yarn store
16. I used to work at a yarn store in England
17. I have served taco meat with an ice cream scoop while wearing a hair net
18. I know the trick for the perfect soft serve ice cream cone with the little loopy thing on top
19. I love singing Russian liturgical music, esp. Rachmoninoff's Vespers
20. I sing with the University Musical Society Choral Union
21. I'm a first soprano
22. I have 2 gerbils named Bitey and Chloe
23. Bitey is a Simpson's reference
24. I AM A ROWAN WHORE
25. I don't think my husband realizes the full extent of my yarn stash
26. My husband thinks I have way too much yarn
27. I learned how to knit in February 1999
28. I took a class through my college's Experimental College (ExCo) where anyone can teach a class on anything. Or teach a class on anything.
29. When the women who taught me how to knit graduated, I started teaching the ExCo class.
30. When I graduated, I gave the class to one of my students
31. As far as we can tell, the student I passed it on to is at least the 5th in a row that had learned to knit through ExCo and then inherited the class from their teacher upon graduation.
32. I love folk music
33. My husband is teaching me to like country music
34. I want to move back to England
35. I WILL get my masters in Chinese.
36. I might get my doctorate in Chinese.
37. A full 5% of my income last year went to paying off student loans
38. I have spent significant chunks of my tax refund on yarn
39. My little sister is one of the coolest people I know
40. I like to cook.
41. Anything involving pesto is good
42. I make my own pasta
43. Sometimes I make my own bread.
44. My favorite color is dark blue
45. My second favorite color is pale pink
46. I wear a lot of brown
47. I have a huge thing for Colin Firth
48. My ultimate afternoon involves knitting friends, Pride and Prejudice or Bridget Jones on DVD and wine.
49. My dream job would be a combination of designing knitting patterns and teaching knitting and translating things from Chinese.
50. My Chinese is really really bad.
51. It's almost as bad as my French
52. Other people consider me very well travelled.
53. I don't agree. I have been to Canada 7 times (including the time we were there for 30 minutes just because we saw the sign for the bridge while in Detroit and Dan had never been and the 4 times I flew via Canada on my way someplace else). I have lived in China. I have lived in England. I spent a weekend in Scotland. That's it.
54. I have never been to Disney-anything (except the Disney store. I've been there)
55. The Toronto airport is my least favorite airport in the world.
56. Hong Kong is my favorite.
57. Classic Dentyne gum is my favorite, and it's really hard to find.
58. Erika Knight is my favorite knit designer
59. My household subscribes to the following magazines: Knitter's, Interweave Knits, Cast On, Rowan, Rebecca, Vogue Knitting, Elle, Bust, Organic Style, Esquire, Playboy, The Economist, Foreign Policy, Wired.
60. When company comes over, I like to arrange the magazines so Playboy is sandwiched between Bust and one of the knitting magazines.
61. I love the look on new friend's faces when they see this layout and try to figure it out.
62. My favorite yarn is Rowan's Kid Silk Haze
63. I also really like Peace Fleece and Koigu and Noro's Silk Garden and Cash Iroha
64. I kinda play guitar and piano. I've also taken trumpet and violin lessons.
65. I love Howard Dean.
66. I love David Lodge
67. I've been listening to a lot of world music and world-flavor music lately. And indie rock from high school.
68. #67 drives my husband crazy.
69. In Manchester, I also worked in marketing for The Bridgewater Hall.
70. Proper company style dictates that the "The" is necessary and must be capitalized when talking about "The Bridgewater Hall"
71. The native Wisconsinite me was both elated and dismayed to find that the British do cheese and beer much better than Wisconsin
72. But they don't have cheese curds, so it doesn't matter.
73. For most of my life, Faulkner's As I Lay Dying was my favorite book.
74. People think I'm weird because of that.
75. I'm not sure what my favorite book is right now.
76. Mo Yan is my favorite author.
77. I smoke, but not enough for me to classify myself as a smoker.
78. I am a cataloguer.
79. The bookshelves and how they're organized is part of the tour of my apartment.
80. The fact they're no longer alphabatized drives my crazy
81. My favorite needles are Peace Fleece and Brittanys
82. I have a love/hate relationship with Addi Turbos
83. When I was 12, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis
84. #83 sucks big donkey balls
85. I have a huge weakness for cheesy international pop. Especially Canto-Pop and Brit-Pop
86. Sophie Ellis Baxter's "Murder on the Dance Floor" makes me feel better instantly
87. At our wedding, our first dance was to Nanci Griffith singing "Love at the Five and Dime"
88. The Father/Daughter Mother/Son dance was "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles
89. My father is a songwriter
90. I love basil
91. My balcony doesn't get enough sunlight to grow basil
92. One day, we will have a dog
93. I'd rather of a cat, but Dan's allergic
94. My favorite fiber is wool
95. I am a fiber snob
96. I have had my Master Knitter Level I swatches done for almost a year now, but haven't sent them in yet.
97. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY
98. I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove microwave popcorn
99. The more butter the better
100. A lot of my eating habits resemble those of a 6-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home